Re: Franklin Area School District – Kindergarten Registration
Registration of students entering kindergarten in the Franklin Area School District for the 2014-2015 school term will be according to the following schedule:
Sandycreek - April 8, 2014
Victory - April 9, 2014
Central - April 14, 2014
Utica - April 15, 2014
To be eligible for entrance to Kindergarten, the child must be five (5) years of age before September 1, 2014. A birth certificate, immunization record, and proof of residency MUST be presented at registration. Please do not have this information faxed to the District Office or Schools.
The small pox vaccination is no longer required by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania; however, Health Department regulations do require each child to have the following immunizations before entering school:
1. Diphtheria and Tetanus - four or more properly spaced doses (may be given as DPT), with the last dose administered on or after fourth birthday.
2. Polio - three or more properly spaced doses of Polio vaccine.
3. Measles - two properly spaced doses (preferably
4. German Measles (Rubella) - one dose (preferably
5. Mumps - two doses (preferably
6. Hepatitis B - three properly spaced doses.
7. Chickenpox - actual date of disease or date of immunization - two doses with the first dose administered at 12 months of age or older.
Verification of administration of these immunizations must be presented at the time of kindergarten registration.
Please call Sandy Lewis at 814-437-5753 ext 101 to schedule a registration time for your child.